WPMU-Enterprise allows the site admins to have multi, multi-user blogs on one install of wordpress.
Starting with WP 1.5, many of us had to find a solution to upgrade/manage mutiple sinlge wp blogs. This was solved with the release of wpmu.Â From there, many of us then had to figure out a way to upgrade/manage multiple mu blogs.Â This is an attempt to solve this problem.
- Multiple MU blogs ex. domain1.com, domain2.com, subdomain.domain1.com, etc.
- Different site admins for each mu blog.
- Different mu blogs are maintained as companies
- Each site admin is given itâ€™s own company to manage blogs, sites and users.
- Domain name mapping
- Manage multiple mu-sites with one wordpress install.
- Assign site admins to companies and restrict their access to blogs, users.
- You have to edit 3 core files.
- Can only be used if you are using subdomains.