I thought Iâ€™d post a couple of links to some WebDev sites & tools I use every day…
Most of these are available on Mozillaâ€™s Recommended Addons site.
- Web Developer – Powerful Web Development tools for outlining DIVs, TABLEs, CSS, etc.
- User Agent Switcher – change the User Agent on a site or page (pretend your MSIE 6 or 5)
- GreaseMonkey – customize pages & sites by adding your own â€˜user scriptsâ€™
- AdBlock Plus – block ads & flash
NOTE: If you need to show blocked ads (i.e., you need to see/test OAS ads ), thereâ€™s an â€˜ABPâ€™ button next to the Google search bar (looks like a red or green stop sign). Click the little disclosure triangle next to the ABP button, and choose â€˜Disable on [site-url]â€™. If you need help, just ask!
- FlashGot – File/Image/Link downloader
- Fasterfox – page load timer (right-side of statusbar)
- AlistAPart.com – A great place for learning & pilfering^H^H^H experimenting with CSS techniques.
- meyerweb.com/eric/css – Eric Meyerâ€™s CSS site
- CSS Edge – life on the edge!
- â€¦thereâ€™s much more hereâ€¦
- SelectORacle – a nifty online tool for learning how CSS2 & CSS3 selectors work
- Rijkâ€™s panelizer – adds W3Câ€™s CSS & HTML specs to your Mozilla Sidebar
- Just download the panelizer.zip, place it somewhere handy & unzip it. Then open the included â€˜panelizer.htmlâ€™ file, and click â€˜Add Panelâ€™. I created a â€˜Sidebarsâ€™ bookmark folder in my Bookmark Toolbar, and placed the â€˜bookmarksâ€™ in there.
NOTE: The following contains Mac-only tools. If you are afraid of Macs, or have aversions to heights, please close your browser now. This message will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck team!
- TinkerTool (hidden Mac OS X settings, like double x double scrollbars):
- WebDevAdditions for Safari (Like Mozilla Web Developer for Safari):
- BatChmod (batch Chmod GUI for Mac OS X – Bonus: enables you to empty stubborn Trash)
- Pseudo (run apps as `sudo`):
- TextWrangler (freeware text editorâ€“BBEditâ€™s little brother)
Need help with any of the above? Just ask!