The MailTo command can do more than enter a single e-mail address in the “Send To” field while activating your e-mail program. It can also:
|Address message to multiple recipients||, (comma separating e-mail addresses)|
|Add entry in the “Subject” field||subject=Subject Field Text|
|Add entry in the “Copy To” or “CC” firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Add entry in the “Blind Copy To” or “BCC” email@example.com|
|Add entry in the “Body” field||body=Your message here
Within the body use “%0A” for a new line,
use “%0A%0A” for a new line preceded by a blank line (paragraph),
see example below.
” “ (beginning and ending double quotes) are necessary if any spaces are used Mailto parameter should be preceded by “?” for the first or only parameter and “&” for second and subsequent parameter.
Some examples, with actual HTML Code included, follow:
- <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>MailTo with Multiple Recipients
- <a href=”mailto:email@example.com,ASTARK1@UNL.EDU“>MailTo with Subject
- <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Comments from MailTo Syntax Page“>
- <a href=”mailto:email@example.com?cc=ASTARK1@UNL.EDU“>MailTo with a Blind Copy
- <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?bcc=ASTARK1@UNL.EDU“>MailTo with message already started in Body
- <a href=”mailto:email@example.com?body=I am having trouble finding information on “>MailTo with multiline message in Body
- <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?body=The message’s first paragraph.%0A%0aSecond paragraph.%0A%0AThird Paragraph.“>NOTE: Use “%0A” for a new line, use “%0A%0A” for a new line preceded by a blank line.
Features may be used in combination
- MailTo with Subject, a Recipient, a Copy and a Blind Copy
- <a href=”mailto:email@example.com?subject=MailTo Comments&cc=ASTARK1@UNL.EDUfirstname.lastname@example.org”>
Remember to use only one ? (question mark), when providing multiple entries beyond e-mail address
Is this thing on? Yay! First post! 😉
This guy on this post looks a lot like someone I know…
Remember the Dig Dug or Centipede or Robotron? They used to be favorites when Atariâ€™s 7800 series was still around. Now since the era of those consoles is over and a different world of interactive reality gaming has taken over, Atari has unofficially released source code of over 15 games for the coders and enthusiasts to admire the state-of-the-art (becauseÂ this is what it was back then). During those times nobody would have imagined in their wildest dreams the games that Atariâ€™s developers floated into the gaming thirsty market and instantly swept across continental boundaries. But things changed soon after that and a company once regarded as one of the most successful gaming console manufacturers and developers faded away in the pages of our technologyâ€™s hall-of-fame.
In an official release, Atari has quoted that the purpose of the release is to give potential developers insight into the Atariâ€™s gaming platform so they may possibly build upon the 7800 series.
I have collected of the gameâ€™s banners:
Some choice excerpts:
Using every CSS declaration only once is an effective way to reduce file size of style sheets. Itâ€™s not a trivial optimization technique though: Watch over the cascade and adjust your editing workflow.
Web pages can load much faster on repeated visits if the resources come from the cache. Learn about two groups of HTTP headers that make all the difference.
Optimizing your web illustrations, icons, and graphics is one of the simplest yet most effective ways to decrease your page load time. In this tutorial, we discuss image file formats and optimize some real Google graphics for faster download on the web.
Though we may not always agree. I am and forever shall be, your friend. Live long and prosper.
Jeremy & I spent a nice afternoon at a mini-gallery opening of Jeremy’s class artwork.
Interesting and scary details on a vulnerability for almost every modern browser out there (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.) with Java Enabled. The fix: turn off Java. Sheesh!